Monday, November 5, 2012

WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH: Now accepting historical flash fiction/shorties for March 2013

March is women's history month, and I would like to host numerous historical fiction/romance/women's fiction writers on my blog, Book Babe, in honor of this month.



To make this as uncomplicated as possible (for myself!) I'll just kind of make this like a list.

What I am seeking from authors:
A flash fiction piece or very short story featuring a woman in history or an event in history that had some impact on women/the women's movement/the civil rights movement, or a fictional character dealing with an issue/issues that was common in a time of history that is fascinating to you. Can be 500 to 2k words. Romance is acceptable. Erotic content is not.

This cannot be from a published book or book about to published. We don't want copyright issues. :)

You can provide a photo, real or from stock that you have permission to use. You can even write a scene about an ancestor.

What I will do: 
I would like to post one a day, but that's quite a goal. I will post them spaced out according to however many I get.

I will line edit them before posting, check your grammar, punctuation, spelling.

Your author bio and links will be at the end of the post for readers to find out more about you and your books. This is a great way to garner new readers AND perhaps attempt writing something new for you and shock yourself.

I will also provide a button that you can post on your own blog and link to your story on Book Babe. You may choose from the two buttons shown.

I will have readers vote on their favorite flash fiction piece. The winner gets a book ad in the sidebar of Book Babe for three months.

Feel free to spread the word and forward this on to any authors you know who would be interested. Book Babe has 178 blogger followers, 63 networked blog followers, and gets over a hundred hits a day from Google, Goodreads, Facebook. Last month alone it had over 4,100 hits.

Flash fiction pieces should be sent to tchevrestt(at)yahoo(dot)com no later than February 1st, 2013.

Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Great blog. We place the URL to your call for authors for Women's History Month on our Event Page at http://www.oneworldsingles.blogspot.com/p/events_16.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Vivienne. Perhaps you will participate too?

    ReplyDelete